Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Long first day of school

Last night I couldn't sleep...surprise surprise. I cleaned the kitchen and did some laundry trying to tucker myself out. No luck. I was WIDE awake until 4am laying there in bed. I hate this insomnia. I get a lot accomplished at night, but I feel wiped the next day.

I had a 10am class in the art building. The TA, Jesse, seems really laid back. He went over the syllabus and sent us across the street to the art store for 20 minutes to buy our kits for class. HMS (the art store) boxes up everything that is neccesary for each art department class, so we can buy entire kits at once intead of getting supplies little by little.
The syllabus said that a sketchbook would be required later in the semester which wouldn't be in the boxed kit. So while I was at HMS, I picked up some erasers and a spiral sketchbook. I totalled out just under $100 for the supplies for this class. When I took Design 1 (2003) the supplies were $200, so Design 2 isn't as bad.
Crossing the street back to the art building, I slipped in the middle of the road landing in a hurtler's pose (one leg bent back). The art supplies and I were undamaged. Back in class, I checked my receipt and realized that I wasn't charged for the sprial sketchbook. Back at HMS after class I paid for the sketchbook. They gave me a $1.50 discount. But crossing the SAME road, I fell again...ker plop. :(
Jim picked me up from campus and I waited with the kids at the Elk's lodge while Jim organized their food order. The Elk's lodge is smokey, but the seniors seem nice. One man introduced himself to me and we chatted for a minute. He made me really miss Pawpaw.

By then, I was tired from last night's insomnia and I still had to check in with my online classes. I'm taking Nutrition and Personal Development online. My Personal Development textbook hasn't arrived in the mail yet and that is the class with the soonest quiz. Arg!! Diego said that he'd fix his mistake with my grade. But it still hasn't shown up on the website. I have until the 22nd to do late registration at Midland. But class began TODAY. I don't want to get far behind. I pray that the block keeping me from registering is all cleared up online tomorrow. I have class at 3pm. Jim has to RUSH home from the Elk's lodge to get me to my lecture on time. We're cutting it close, but it's the ONLY time this lecture is offered all week.

I'm making a gingerbread loaf some time between today and Thursday, so we have something sweet to snack on when my inlaws are here. I think Hope and Jimmy decided on making a roast for our Christmas with them. It's a short visit for them, so we are gonna have Hope and Scott with us pretty much whenever we aren't sleeping/at school/at work. Even then, if Jim is working Ema & Epa will be here seeing their grandbabies with me. And if I'm in class, the same applies. We're celebrating 3 birthdays and Christmas in the time they are here. Gotta go... Jimmy made dinner.

No comments: