Saturday, January 27, 2007

We had a productive Saturday

Just gonna list this off because it's worth braggin', but their's not much to say about each thing.

I woke up and cleaned the living room, swept the kitchen and vacuumed. I talked to my friend Trisha from church and she is set to babysit on Tuesday. Jim has to work Tuesday and Thursday at the same time as my design labratory. Tuesday I have a test and projects due, so I CAN'T skip. I'm gonna turn in Thursday's homework early on Tuesday, since we only have a babysitter for the one day. Trisha's a sweety for watching them.
We fought traffic all the way to the biglots. The wind was chilly and super powerful, so I was glad that I had the kids in hooded sweatshirts. I got some scrapbooking goodies for $1-2 for each item. (When i got home tonight and looked up the real values online I realized that the stuff I got for $1 is regularly $3-4. And the cardstock packages I got for $2 are typically $8). We replaced both my ink cartridges at Cartridge world and grabbed lunch at Cici's. Allan still eats for free, but Elaine doesn't any more. We drove out to the Lowes. Jim got more bags of rocks for the front walkway and two more stepping stones. I had permission to get a gallon of light blue paint for the kid's bedroom. Praise God; I found the EXACT color I wanted on the "oops paint" rack. :) I got two gallons for $5 each. Elaine calls it Cinderella blue. When we got home, Jim watched the kids while I painted the majority of their room blue. I took pics. I still have one wall to but we have church in the morning, so I don't want to be up too late. Since I still had blue paint on my roller, I painted the top and sides of the kid's toychest from Pawpaw. Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger are still on the front of the toybox, but the sides and top are blue now. Very cute. I feel pretty producitve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the color scheme for the kids' room. You did a great job on the curtains (better than me, for I can't sew). I wish that we were closer so that we could help in a situation like this. But as you said, God is always there when we need Him. I am so glad that you have a friend like Trisha.
Love,
Hope

Liss said...

These curtains aren't ones I made. They came with the trailer. But I made the kitchen ones you liked. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah..sorry. But they do now match the room

Love
Hope