Thursday, January 11, 2007

Midland Drama

I recieved a letter from Shep Grinnan at Midland College telling me that I am on academic probation for having a GPA "under 2.0". Meanwhile I only took one class from Midland last semester and my grade was a 'C'... Not below 2.0.
Shep and I talked on the phone this morning and he said that my TA must have recorded the wrong grade on the paperwork that gets turned in to the registrar. Shep said for me to email my TA from last semester ( Diego) and have him fix the mistake he made. So I emailed Diego and I'm waiting for it to get all cleared up. I need to register for Spanish two next week and I can't until Shep has seen that it's all cleared up.

In other news, my financial aide arrived from UNT. That'll help paying my Tuition at Midland. I don't qualify for financial aide there because I don't take more than one class from them each semester. Jimmy and David are gonna work on our car this coming weekend. They are gonna rent a sensor thing that will tell them why the check engine light is on. Also Jim is gonna fix the radiator problem that we've had patched for a few weeks.

I looked up my textbooks at the UNT bookstore and at Voertmans. Amazon.com was the cheapest way to go. I'm saving $40 even with shipping and handling.

Jimmy's parents are visiting next week. They are staying at a hotel down the street from us. Dave is gonna stay with us here for the weekend, so he can hang with Hope & Scott too. Jim has to work some of the time they are here and I'll have one class to go to, but it seems like we'll get to spend a lot of time together.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be a great pleasure to babysit while you are in class if Jimmy has to work during that time. We are so looking forward to the visit and spending time with all the important people in our lives.

Much Love
Hope (E-MA)

Anonymous said...

"We are so looking forward to the visit and spending time with all the important people in our lives."

haha I guess I won't be seeing you.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess not since you didn't identified yourself.

Hope

Liss said...

Be nice yall. I start school tomorrow and don't need additional stress.

Stitch180 said...

I think you know who I am...the evil, ungrateful one. I just thought it was funny that you (Hope) thought it necessary to say "all the important people".

No stress, Liss. I have a lot of pent up anger that has no outlet. I'll take it to my secret blog.

Anonymous said...

Liss,

I found some pictures of Jimmy's 18th birthday as well as had copies of his graduation made for you. I am still looking for there are a lot of pictures that haven't been put in albums. Will bring them with us.

Love,
Hope

Liss said...

When I read the original comment, I thought Hope is being sweet and trying to make ME feel included by saying "all the important people". When my inlaws mention their "family", I typically still don't click that I am included in that. Jim and Dave come to mind and I feel secondary to that.

Draw your own conclusions, but don't please vent them here. I've got enough on my plate.

Stitch180 said...

I apologize.