Monday, May 28, 2007

*phew*

After watching some Disney channel with Elaine, Dave ran me over to the Piggly Wiggly. On the way, Dave swung by this Tire place that *SHOCK* was open the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. They'd only charge $20 for a used tire for the Van. So after dropping off the milk, bread and babywipes, Dave and I backtracked to the Tire place with the blown out original tire in the trunk. The tire guys were able to find a close enough match. I paid with some of my cash from selling my textbooks at the end of the semester.
When we got back to the house, Jim (who had been watching the kiddos) put the Used tire on the van.
We made it to Dave's hockey game this afternoon. He was playing very aggressively and then late in the game, he was in a FIGHT on the rink!! It was great. This other guy was being a moron, picking a fight. But the moron kept whining so it was Dave who ended up in the penalty box. I looked around, but Jill didn't bring her camera either. :)) During the fight, Elaine yelled "Go Dave Go" and some time during the game , Allan yelled "Dave Hockey Go" or something like that.
After the game, Jim took the back rows out of the van and the boys fetched some furniture from Dave's storage unit. Elaine played with her hockey gear in the kitchen. I got some photos. She kept yelling "Goal" when she'd shoot puck. But I think she had at least two targets she was aiming for. Oh! and hilariously, she doesn't enunciate "hockey STick". It sounds like something more crude, but it's hard not to laugh.
In other news: Tonight Allan was walking around saying "Potty" so I asked Elaine to open the bathroom door, so Allan could sit on his potty. They were both in there for a few minutes and Allan brought a dry diaper to his Daddy wanting a new diaper. Jim yelled at Allan for having no diaper ON, because he didn't know Allan was in the middle of a potty training lesson. I cheered Allan back up, giving him a watergun to play with. I just was in the kids' bathroom and saw that Allan actually went in his lil potty chair. *horrah* It's been a while.
I'm hopeful that it's a good sign that he said "Potty" and actually followed it up with really using the potty... not just sitting there playing with the flush button (which repeats "Nice Job, Way to go").
I moved around some bedroom furniture tonight. I think I'm gonna clean out my closet tomorrow.

No comments: