Monday, March 12, 2007

Feeling Productive

Today I wrote a letter of recommendation for Micah to get a college scholarship through his FFA. He had to turn in the letter this afternoon. So pray for him on that. He wants to go to college in Kentucky because he heard about this college where tuition is paid off with Work-study, preventing the students from gaining lots of college debt. They have a good music department.
Micah mowed our yard today, since the trailer park management said it had to be done by tomorrow. Jimmy is working at the Cracker Barrel. He's training a replacement at the Elk's lodge. So that job is ending soon. He's happy that the schedule conflicts between the two jobs are gonna end. Cracker Barrel is giving him plenty of hours. We'll only have to schedule around school, theatre and Cracker Barrel soon. Jimmy was supposed to have tomorrow as his day off from the Cracker Barrel, but they contacted him and said he HAS to work at 5pm. So he's peeved about not getting any day off and that I wont be able to stay at the theatre as late as I want.

I had a mid-semester grade update for my Design class. I have a 98 project average and a 85 test average. This week I have to turn in my little 50's statues and some statues made from Popsicle sticks that I haven't started yet. Tomorrow is another test in Design class.
Last week in Spanish I made an 86 on the quiz and a 94 on the Exam. :)

This weekend I finished painting that last wall in the kids bedroom and I painted one wall of my office with the same light blue. The existing dark blue paint in the office can make it feel small. I thought an accent wall would brighten things up, and it has. I still want to get Elaine some educational posters. I think I'll get some sheets of bright poster board and make her some posters about shapes, telling time, etc. She's been practicing her penmanship this week. I took pictures.

A buddy sent me this link to a website that sells scrapbooking supplies for only $1. The shipping is like $8, so I don't know how much of a deal it is in the long run. But here's the link for any of yall that might want $1 craft goodies. http://qbaroo.com/dollarscrapbooking/

Earlier today she was repeating herself a lot. I told her that she talks too much (no idea where she gets that from) and she replied, "You're so right mommy." I nearly bust a seam laughing.

I'm getting together stuff to mail Mark (my brother) in a care package. So far I have some Mrs. Baird's pecan pie snacks, his birthday card, some self-addressed stamped envelopes, a sketchbook and some candy. I want to get him a disposable camera, some decent ink pens for drawing, some reading material, and toiletries. I'll see what we're able to find/afford. Mark's birthday is March 25th, so I want to get his package in the mail to him soon.
I'll post some pics and then get to my Personal Development homework. *big fun* :(

No comments: