Friday, March 16, 2007

just today summed up

I pulled something unremarkable together last night to turn in for the popsicle stick assignment today. Our next assignment is to make a 18" tall tower (no more than 4" wide) out of Popsicle sticks which can support at least 20 pounds. I walked to the art supply store and bought some sticks, so I'm all prepared. The tower isn't due until April 5th, so if any engineer inlaws *hint hint* want to give me tips, I'm up for it. :)
I ate a sandwich from my purse and then painted in the theatre from about Noon until 5:30pm. I met the set designer, Russel. He teaches at SMU. He's very casual, like VERY casual. His assistants (my friends, Keila and Anna) are FREAKING OUT because the play opens the Thursday after Spring Break and barely anything is complete. Meanwhile Russel is very laid back about the time crunch. It makes me kinda nervous.
Jimmy still was sick to his stomach and achy/tired ALL day today. He had chills again tonight. But the good news is his foot isn't hurting nearly as much. He can walk on it with very limited discomfort. I called him from the theatre earlier to check in on him and he got so light headed that he had to get off the phone. He's in bed now, asleep. He overall seems better today than yesterday, but far from back to normal.
It took Jimmy longer than normal to get the kids in the van to pick me up this evening, so I was sitting on the theatre's dock for a while with not much to do. I played with my camera, taking self pics. Yes, I'm a dork like that. I think I'm adorable in my overalls. I'm painting tomorrow starting around 10am until I get tired and want to come home (probably 5pm).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Liss, I am no doctor, but I think that since Jim is not eating properly, this may cause his sugar level to go down causing the light headedness (I know from experience). As you know, Diabetes runs on both sides of the family. His Great grandfather Clephane was a diabetic,Pawpaw had it, and of course, me. If Margo has Pawpaw's Glucose meter, maybe Jim could borrow that and check his sugar level. He may also take some vitiamins, which I will get when I go to Walgreens for and get him some support for him to wear in his shoes. But, the only way for you to really know is to have a doctor exam him. I hope that he gets over the chills, but that does sound like flulike symptoms. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I hate being so far away and not there to help you with the kids at a time like this.

Love

Hope