Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I'm tired of being sick...

and the kids are sick of me being tired.

Yesterday we made burritos for a late lunch, as we have many times before. But I didn't know the meat wasn't our typical super lean ground beef. Times like this I miss my gall bladder. I was sick ALL NIGHT, reading in the bathroom. I've had to change the sheets on our bed. And I'm generally very tired from not being able to rest for long. When I woke up one time this morning, Allan was pulling things out of my underwear drawer and wearing the bras like necklaces. Then another time I woke up I noticed he had pink dots on his shirt. I found a bottle of bleach spray on the floor in the living room. He had climbed up on to the kitchen counter and pulled down the bleach, and sprayed it on himself....evidently missing his eyes. And most recently, he snuck into my office and stole a purple scrapbooking marker to color his face and legs. THEN he broke one of his bedrails, by snapping the metal pole that holds the netting. The boy is a mess today.

I forgot to tell yall about Allan using a black scrapbooking marker as a Q-tip last week. Grey is still coming out when I clean his ears.

I'm skipping lecture today, since my body is being so unpredictable. (hard to sneak out of a auditorium-style lecture hall when we have assigned seats). Tonight I have a major Spanish quiz. So it's kinda good that I'm home all day to prepare for that.
I checked my Nutrition syllabus. During 'deadweek' (week before final exams) I can take any missed exam for a 10point deduction. So I have all semester to prepare for that test that I forgot about last week. Sounds good to me. A 90 is better than a zero.

Hubby is being very hush-hush about his schooling with me, but said he's graduating June 24th still and everything is taken care of.

Between eating lunch yesterday and feeling sick from eating lunch, I took the kids into our backyard to play. Elaine "dug for treasure" and found a quarter. She never did find the dime I put out. I guess she'll find it next time she's digging. Allan was more interested in the swings and playing with sidewalk chalk on the deck. He did help Elaine dig a little. I'll post some photos from that and then crawl back in bed with my Spanish book.

No comments: