Thursday, March 29, 2007

See 3PO (Three Penny Opera)

sorry I hadn't posted in a few days.
*I liked the banana pudding smoothie that they have at Sonic, so we bought some bananas and low-fat Nilla waffers to make some at home. Soooooooooo good and like 1/4 the price.
*I finished my to-do list for 'Three Penny Opera' yesterday. So they sent me home and said they'd call if there was a painting emergency. The play opens tomorrow night (Friday), but I'm going tonight to watch the final dress rehearsal with the other techies. I'm missing Grey's Anatomy, so it better be good! :)
* Dave came over last night to help me understand the engineering behind building a popsicle stick tower. So I'm starting over on that project. It's not due until a week from today, April 5th. I began the re-do in lab today. Yay for Dave teaching me about I-beams and how strong triangles are. I'll take pics when it looks more like something. In related news: Dave bought me 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2' since I hadn't seen it. I might watch it tonight after the play. :) I think it's my early birthday present.
* When I got home from lab I put Allan in underwear instead of a diaper. He has diaper rash, so I wanted the area to air out. When I went to the bathroom, he followed me and sat on his potty. He went "wet" in the potty. It's only like the fifth time EVER that he actually did anything while sitting there. So yeah, progress is progress. I cheered him on a lot. He likes his Lightning McQueen underwear.
*We still haven't mailed my brother's birthday present to him in Fallusia. His birthday was the 25th. We have everything that we are purchasing all together as of yesterday. But I gave Micah some blank disks for him to burn Mark some CDs. They have similar musical taste... much better than if I was picking out music for Mark. I'll get those from Micah late Saturday night and can mail the package on Monday. I messaged Mark on myspace before his B-day to let him know that I thought his presents would arrive late.
For Dad and other's trying to avoid duplicates:
We're sending two handmade greeting cards, a drawing from Elaine of Mark, 2 disposable cameras with flash, some stick candy from Cracker Barrel, sour patch kids, a sketchbook, a black gel pen, some SASE's, and a funny/wise book that Dave suggested for reading material. Oh, and I'm gonna print some photos of the kids.

No comments: