Thursday, March 15, 2007

So very ready for Spring Break.... any break

First off, Jimmy is sick or injured. Or both? Monday the top of Jim's left foot started hurting. It's an ache that gets worse when he walks or stands on it. It is alleviated when he rests with his foot elevated for any amount of time. The pain is harsh! Hope suggested that it could be arthritic pain, because it runs in Jim's family. Jimmy is considering that as a possibility but is doubtful because of his "young" age (the boys turns 30 this year, lol). I think he works too many hours standing on his feet with his "flat feet" and has aggravated something that needs to rest. On top of the injury/illness going on with his foot, Jimmy has had other medical symptoms that are increasing since Monday which seem completely unrelated to the foot ailment. He's been dizzy, had chestpain (once for 10 minutes), vomited, had little appetite, fever and chills. That's where he is now. He's in bed sleeping on a heating pad with the CHILLS. At least he's resting his foot at the same time. It's so hard when Jim is the one who is ill, because I can't run to the store to buy gatoraide for dehydration or anything else that I think might help. Uggg *Frustration* I just pray that he gets the rest that he obviously needs (he's been working 60+ hours a week for the last month) and bounces back. We might take him to one of those 'Carenow' places.

Today Jimmy had a 'mandatory' meeting at the Cracker Barrel that was to meet at exactly the same time as my lecture for Design. So we divided the kids up. I took Elaine with me to the design lecture and Allan went with Jimmy to the meeting.
Jim's plan was to get Allan a plate of frenchfries and hope for good behavior. But Jimmy felt nauseous in the parking lot and never made it inside to the meeting. He drove home, pulling over on the side of the freeway to vomit. :( So tonight I've been fetching Jim fans, water bottles, the heating pad and Tylenol. And I've been trying to keep the kids quiet so he can rest.
Meanwhile I had a nutrition assignment, a Spanish quiz and a Spanish Exam tonight. I got to my laptop to do all my homework and I thought I was doing fine on my timing (everything was due at midnight).... then I found Allan with poop all over his hands and rubbing it into his eyes. He immediately needed a bath and for me to clean poop-art off his dresser. When I got back to my laptop, I realized that the time on the computer didn't match the wall clock from the other room! *PANIC*
After I had manually adjusted the time on my laptop for the early daylight savings, a computer update ran and automatically adjusted the time AGAIN. So I thought it was 10:45, giving me 75 minutes until my exam's deadline. It was in actuality, 11:45 and I had 15 minutes to take an exam before the deadline!! Dang daylight savings and automatic computer updates!! Why couldn't it have updated on Sunday??!?! I wouldn't have done it manually, if it had updated itself on time. Grrrr. I got a 96 on the quiz and a 46 on the exam. *pout*

in other aggravating news: I ran out of Popsicle sticks and haven't completed my design project that is already over due. We went to get more sticks last night and both big lots and walmart were out of them. I'm gonna stay up tonight and tear apart what I have completed and re-work it to make a simpler design that requires less sticks. It's 12:12pm now...I expect a long night.
In good news: while at walmart last night, Jimmy replaced my broken printer. So I am able to print notes from all these online classes for studying. This week was/is midterms. Spring Break is next week.
I went in to paint in the theatre yesterday for 4 hours. I was in charge of about a dozen lab students. I had them base paint some of the set solid brown, while I followed behind them scumbling in colors for definition. Overall, the set looks rust-like. Between you, me and the wall... I understand if you don't come see "the Three Penny Opera". It was originally written to be in the time period before the crowning of Queen Victoria, but our director is timing the play in the near future with the Coronation of King William (currently Prince William). Sounds like a unique interpretation. It might make for interesting theatre, but I don't know yet. I'm returning to paint for another 4 hours tomorrow after design class. Maybe longer if Jim misses work again. I hope he feels better by then.

1 comment:

Stitch180 said...

I've had the same type of pain on the top of my right foot. It's excruciating and I've had to use my cane lately. I believe it's from having to stand for so long at work. Now that I've had time to rest, it has gotten lots better. Hopefully, Jimmy's pain will go away when he gets enough rest.

Jimmy's other symptoms sound like a combination of exhaustion and flu.

I've enjoyed seeing the pics of your projects. Those clay models look like collectibles you could find in Hallmark stores. Cute stuff!