Monday, November 12, 2007

Elaine is VERY sick

Jim drove me to work this morning and as we pulled up into the store's parking lot, my cellphone rang. Elaine's school nurse said Elaine was outside at recess grabbing her stomach and complaining. The nurse said that from where Elaine was grabbing on her tummy, Elaine could be constipated. I told the nurse that Elaine has been throwing up off and on all weekend and that she is fighting off a cough. The nurse said Elaine needed to get picked up from school. Jim went to fetch Elaine and I went on to work.

Elaine has all her allowed unexcused absences for the semester. From here on all her absences have to be verified by a doctor (or if we can't take Elaine to a doctor due to scheduling/monetary reasons, we can take Elaine to the school for a short examination from the school nurse and then bring her back home to miss that day of class). Elaine is on Medicaid, but getting an appointment with a pediatrician usually needs some advance notice. I think if Elaine's not better, Jimmy will have to get Elaine to a doc later this week.
When Jim picked me up from work tonight, he said that he thinks he's getting what the kids have. Allan is still only occasionally feverish, like me (I had fevers off and on all day at work). But Jim and Elaine have more cough symptoms and tummy aches on top of the fevers.

I started a charcoal drawing this weekend for Jill's boss. I'm not too far along on it, but all the spacing is worked out.
I have an Exam tomorrow. So I'm off to memorize my review sheet.

No comments: