Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Grades and stuff

Recent grades:
Theatre History Quiz on the Italian Renaissance: 95%
Personal Finance budget assignment: 88%
Sociology of Religion exam #2: 65% (I got an A on the first one)

I heard from Amy at work (who moves to Illinois today) about a grant from the US Government. I need to look into the info to test it's validity. But Amy said there is a grant that can pay off up to ALL of someone's student loans as long as after graduation they get a job that is directly related to their new degree.
Amy majored in chemistry at UNT, so working at the Dance& Costume shop didn't do her any good. But in Illinois, she's gonna have a chemistry-related job and apply for the grant to cover her student loans. I'm gonna keep an ear out, to hear how all that goes for Amy. It seems like that with the BA degree that I'll have in Theatre tech, working at a Costume shop (the theatrical makeup counter) would qualify me for the grant. Like I said, I need to look into this grant, and see how to connect the dots.

I have to write a 3 page paper for Sociology of Religion after I get off of work tonight.

p.s. What is aspirational about this Barbie? What girl WANTS to be her??

"Barbie Doll and Tanner Scooper Dog Set Description:
Barbie's dog eats and makes a mess. Tanner, Barbie's dog, eats and ejects waste from her body! (Yes, really.) But Barbie can pick it up with her special magnetic scooper, and Tanner will eat it again-- just like your real dog! This fun set includes 11 1/2-inch poseable Barbie, Tanner the dog, and various accessories. Tanner is soft and fuzzy and her mouth, ears, head, and tail really move! You can also open Tanner's mouth and "feed" her dog biscuits. When Tanner has to go to the bathroom, Barbie cleans up with her pooper scooper and trash can. Gobble up this one while you can!"

No comments: