Sunday, November 04, 2007

Spoiling Me

After church today Jim took me to Payless to find me some new shoes. My blue flats started rubbing the skin off the top of my foot. Each of my green sneakers have a hole on the side near my pinky toe. The holes are like the size of a nickel. It was time for new shoes. So we tried the Payless, which didn't have *ANY* 11Wide shoes. Then we tried Target (no wides), some other shoe store near the Mardells (no wides), DSW Shoe Warehouse (no wides), some trendy shoe store in the mall (nothing over a size 10) and then finally a different Payless in the mall. The second Payless store actually had 11wides!

Jim was so relieved that he told me to get more than one pair. He had three reasons. 1)To save us from this hunt in the future. 2) Because comfortable shoes mean my feet wont hurt from standing on my feet all day at the store. 3) Because the shoes I liked only cost between $12-18 per pair.

I got a pair of Brown & Red sneakers, dark Grey knit slip-on flats, Burgundy knit slip-on flats and a pair of Cream slip-on flats. Jim called them an investment in my comfort. :) I like how he thinks.

p.s. The highest midterm grade in my online Spanish class was a 92, so everyone's grade was curved by 8 points! That puts me at an 82.5 for my midterm, up to a B. :o)

1 comment:

The Moo said...

Ooooooooooooooooo, new shoes!!! They're sooo cute. Looks like I'll have to check out the Payless stores in the area this weekend. Good thing we live in different states so we won't be shoe twinkies.

Congrats on your grades!