Thursday, November 01, 2007

First Day of November

I got my grade back for the Theatre History midterm. I got a 98%, only missing one question.

I went to work after class at 4pm. At the costume shop we have returned to "normal" instead of the special October hours. Instead of closing at 7pm and cleaning until 8pm, the store isn't open past 6pm. And it closes at 5pm on Saturdays. The store is not open on Sundays at all. The biggest change is that customers aren't wall to wall arguing over a pair of cat ears. Jimmy was able to pick me up from work by 6:30pm.
At work they had me re-doing the window display. It was kinda interesting. Taking apart mannequins at their wrists, arms, torsos and hips is interesting enough as is, but I also learned that the center of a mannequin looks like the layers of a jawbreaker. There are rings, like when a tree's trunk is cut open. Very neat. I switched them from pirates into pilgrims, a turkey and an Indian. There will be more Indians when i can finish the job tomorrow morning.
I felt kinda silly at work. I assumed I'd still wear a uniform at the shop, but evidently those were just for October. I wore a T-shirt to class that has some paper mache glue stuck to the hem. It's permanent, but I like the t-shirt, so I still wear it to school all the time. I felt like a slob wearing it at work though. I think I'm gonna shove my painted clothes to the back of my closet and hope that I do better at grabbing a clean shirt in the morning.
Oh! That reminds me, this weekend sometime Jim is taking me to Payless to get some new sneakers. I've worn a big hole in the sides of my green&lavendar sneakers.

I checked with Rick about my schedule. Amy's last day is Tuesday, so they'd like me to work as much as I can between now and then, so I can learn from her before she moves away. He said for me to let him know if I ever have any schedule conflicts that I need to work around. He was really nice about it all. Sounds like they will cut me slack for when I have school activities or whatever.
This Saturday I have to volunteer at that AIDS fund raising banquet for school. Since it doesn't start until 8pm, I should have plenty of time to get there after the shop closes at 5pm. I also have to go watch a play on campus next week, so I can write an essay about it. Again, it doesn't start until 8pm, so I should have no problems with that.

p.s. Jimmy says the new van gets better gas mileage than the Windstar. :) The router we got from Steven stopped working, so we might have to fetch a new one from him this weekend, if we want to get internet back on my computers.

No comments: