Wednesday, October 31, 2007

school, and Big news

I got a B on my last Spanish assignment.
I got a 79% on my last Personal Finance Exam
I just took my Theatre history midterm on Tuesday, so i should have that grade tomorrow.

I have to write a paper for Sociology of Religion class where I visit a temple/church of another faith for a worship service and then compare it to my own religion. I think I'll feel most comfortable visiting a synagogue, so I think we'll do that this weekend, if possible. Do synagogue's have broadcasts of their services too? like a Christian mega church does? I wish.

I am supposed to do 10 community service hours for my Intro to Communication class. I think they are asking way too much of us for a freshman level class. The majority of time in class is spent on this group speech/project. We aren't learning much besides teamwork. My team heard from North Texas AIDS Services that we could get out ten hours helping them prepare for a banquet and then help some more the night of the banquet. I've contacted the volunteer coordinator many times and her emails just leave me confused. She said in an email that we could help from "8-12". I wrote back to ask which days and if she means from 8am-Midnight or 8pm-Midnight or 8am-Noon. She replied, "Saturday, and wear black church clothes." What about the time?!?!?! I don't want to wait on campus at 8am if no one will be there. If we are only helping the night of the banquet, then how were we supposed to get 10 hours?!?! I forwarded my emails to our Communications class TA. I have a B in the class so far, maybe an A, so I think I'll still pass the class with no problem. But I worry for the girls in my team who are close to failing the class (from test grades). This lack of volunteer hours could make them fail.

---------------------
Important:
At work Regina has dropped many hints that I would be around after Halloween. Then today Rick, in front of Regina, asked me what my future plans are. I said that after I graduate, we plan to move away (to FL). Rick asked me, hypothetically if I worked for them for the entire "winter, spring and summer", would I be inclined to hold off on that move until November 2008, so I'd be fully trained and available for the 2008 Halloween rush?
I said, currently Jim has no time obligations outside of his paper route. I said that if I was working enough to maintain our living expenses in Denton, after my graduation that summer, then my family should be able to stay in Denton until that November.
I made it clear that I "can't speak now for what decisions we will make a year from now", but that we'd be inclined to let me earn that extra money before moving away. Heck, maybe I'd make enough to start paying people back for these student loans.

Then tonight at Regina's church Fall Festival, She introduced me to her friends as "Liss, who is replacing Amy." Sounds like I have a job for a while. :)

p.s. Jimmy is trying to fix a hard drive for my boss.

No comments: