Sunday, October 21, 2007

A New Van

The kids and their Godfather, Steven

While I was working yesterday (Saturday) Steven drove the kids and Jimmy around to find a replacement Van for our Windstar. Jimmy bought a White '96 Mercury Villager with 125,000 miles. It needed a headlight replaced, so Steven fixed it for us before he left. He also picked me up from work, so Jimmy could nap. Jim was on his feet way too long and was in real need of his pain meds.
The van was a company vehicle and had all it's maintenance records in it's glove box. 3 of the tires are new. I like that the outside is white to reflect light, but the inside is tan to hide dirt. That's always necessary with a toddler.

----------------------
At work yesterday I heard that I am the only employee who is consistently on time. That was reassuring.
----------------------
I heard that the weather is about to become wet and COLD! It's going from a low of 70, to a low of 40 early this week. I'm up for the cold weather. It can be stuffy at work, so the cool weather will be refreshing.
----------------------
My dad called today. He's in Ft.Worth for a work training thing until Wednesday. After I get off of work on Wednesday, he's gonna come see my family.

2 comments:

The Moo said...

I'm glad you have a "new" van. Since it was a company car it should be in great condition and do well for a while.

I'm so sorry to hear about the family being sick and Jimmy being in pain. So many things going on at once.

Bet they love you at work! You're an awesome, hard worker.

Anonymous said...

Amen Moo. Liss is an AWSOME person. I am glad that she is my daughter.
Hope