Wednesday, October 03, 2007

1st Full Day at Work

First off, Jim told me that Elaine has missed school twice, thus far. Not three times, like I thought. He'd know since he's who takes her to school.

Work was great. There are over 5000 items and I'm supposed to know what all is in stock, so that can be daunting. When no customers were in the shop, I looked through the inventory to see what all is around. Rick pulled me aside to point out that the customers come before learning the inventory.
He said he saw customers at one end of the room and me at the other. I explained that I followed them from row to row. If they were at one end of a long row, I was at the far end subtly watching them. I kept an eye on them for possible shoplifting and just to see if they looked up wanting assistance. Rick said that makes sense. I didn't need to be right on top of the people.

Time passed really fast. I heard it was time to close the dressing rooms, which meant I would get off work in 15 minutes. I was like, "already?" Jimmy says that's a good sign.

I called the AIDS Services of North Texas again today. The volunteer coordinator was in a meeting and couldn't speak with me about my class project. So I am going to try calling early tomorrow, before class. Maybe their office isn't as busy early in the day. I'm doing my homework now, re-preparing the team contract with our new focus. One of my team members, Norrisha, came up with a clever team name. We are Student Actively Fighting Epidemics (SAFE). I left it to the rest of the team to come up with our new name. I feel like I am carrying a lot of weight on this project.

Tonight I want to finish the diaper bag for Trisha, so she can go ahead and pick it up one of these days while I'm in school or at work. I don't want to wait til the last minute to get it off my to-do list. I think Micah's rabbit mask will be done by this weekend. All this craftiness really helps me wind down after homework.

p.s. This is a treat that Miss Moo passed along my way and I saw fit to share with all you nice people. Enjoy! FOR THE MOMS

No comments: