Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Update after the wreck

Today Jimmy woke up super achy. He wasn't in any more pain than last night, but just felt achy all over. He's dealing with bad headaches. It turns out that the other driver got a ticket for 'failure to yield' so it's cut and dry with her insurance company that she was at fault. Her insurance has been very nice working with us. Jim's been on the phone with them off and on all day.
Her insurance is paying for us to get a rental car until everything is settled with our Van. From phone discussions, it sounds like the insurance claims adjuster is just gonna call our Van totaled. He hasn't made it out to see the van in person yet.
They've already suggested that we go purchase new car seats and that we will be repaid for that purchase. Evidently car seats are not safe for use after they've been in a wreck. So my hubby is picking up the rental car with a friend, and going to wal-mart to get car seats.

Trisha has offered to babysit Allan all day tomorrow, while Jim and the claims adjuster meet to settle the amount we will be paid for the car. Nothing worse in an important meeting than a 2 year old. Jim's taking the very recent inspection information with him to the meeting and the stuff from the mechanic that fixed the car, to prove that the van was in good condition at the time of the wreck.

With the rental car, it doesn't seem like I'll have to miss any more
school or work. It's been raining here, so the bike wasn't gonna help.
Now to get caught up on everything I was supposed to be doing last
night when the world flipped upside down. Thanks for all the prayers and support.
Jim's not gonna settle the medical part with the other driver's insurance for a little time, in case more symptoms show up.

-----------------------------------
Jill's boss wants me to do a drawing of his family. Jill told her boss that I'd charge $250 and he agreed and is super excited about the project. I told them that I could start it after October 31st.

I think I need to change the size of my drawings since the paper I use comes in awkward sizes. I could go larger or smaller. Frames don't come in this size, unless they are custom. I need to check out what standard frame sizes are.
-------------------------------------
I thought I had allergies kicking in, but looks like it is some real sinus mess. Jimmy got me boxes of tissues, OJ, cough drops, daytime and night time medicine, green tea, honey and ice cream. We're taking care of each other.
-------------------------------------
I forgot to tell yall that I was right to feel good about that Communication Exam last Thursday. I got a 92!! :)

p.s. I'll get to pick up 3 extra hours at work on Thursday. They are letting me come in after class, to cover for a girl who is going out of town.

No comments: