Friday, October 12, 2007

First 8 hour Day at Work


Wednesday went super well. I demonstrated for a customer how to do some face painting with glitter and barrier spray (like on my cheek in the photo - Popular for dancers and cheerleaders). I looked up, and Rick was over my shoulder listening to my demonstration and smiling. I'd have to guess that he was glad that I can explain some of the application processes for makeup.

One of the girls I work with is like a sponge soaking up information. Tell her something once and she knows it forever! I felt bad that she seemed to know more than me and we were hired at the same time. Then I heard that the girl has worked all but one day since our initial meeting at the shop. This girl isn't in school this semester, so she works at the shop daily. That made me feel better about her knowing more than me. She's had more time to absorb. On Wednesday I had only worked 20-something hours so far. There's a lot to learn and it takes time.

My feet didn't hurt at the end of the day like they did on my 7 hour day last week. Changing shoes really made a difference. When Jimmy picked me up and took me home, the house was cleaner and dinner was almost made. I just chilled out and Jim finished whipping up dinner. He had gone to Krogers with the kids just to make me a nice meal. I asked if we were celebrating my first full day at work and he said that he just thought that I'd like a little something to show he loves me. *awww*

Jimmy made blackened chicken flat bread wraps with Ranch. He also made a spinach salad with raspberries and sliced almonds with Raspberry vinegarette salad dressing. For dessert he whipped together cream cheese and cool whip to make this creamy whipped topping that he served over fruit and crumbled graham crackers, like a parfait.

No comments: