Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Saturday Night through Tuesday

First things first, my brother is FINALLY back home in Houston, as of Monday!!! He hasn't seen much of my mom that I know of. I gave Mark's new cell # to my Dad, so they could touch base.

Elaine said her tummy wasn't happy and then threw up late Saturday night. But after that she was fine and went to church like normal in the morning.

Sunday Jimmy made a lasagna from scratch and I made stuffed artichokes! Yummy!!

I touched base on Monday with AIDS Services of North Texas and got my team for communication class all set up to volunteer setting up a fundraising banquet. There will be a silent auction too. So we'll work setting up tables, putting out table clothes, pricing items for the auction, etc. Sounds like familiar territory from helping with silent auctions and the chili cookoff at church. The banquet isn't until the first week of November and our deadline for hours is in October. I talked our TA into an extension on that deadline with no point penalty. :)
Today my team divided up which part of the group speech each of us will write and deliver. I'm gonna be in charge of researching how AIDS is transmitted and why college students are at risk. I have to have my entire outline (90% of my part of the speech, in sentence-form) turned in a week from today. So I'm gonna continue pulling research for that from journal articles.

I received an A for my 'Antigone' analysis paper for Theatre History class. Doctor Harris took 3 weeks to grade our papers. I would have had an A+, but I cited page numbers instead of line numbers for the quotes from the play. We have a midterm at the end of the month that I need to study for.

Last night after work and some AIDS research online, I started sewing Micah's 'Frank the Bunny' costume. He only ended up spending $12 on fabric, bias tape and the zipper, since I had a coupon and found stuff on sale. The body is made. I need to add the white furry belly which is just pinned in place so far, sew the arms & attached hands, and sew the hood that will cover the back of Micah's head and fasten under his chin.
I used Bias tape on the edges to make it more comfortable.

UNT has a play opening this week. It runs this weekend and next. I get one free ticket to the play, since I'm a theatre student. But odds are I wont get to go. After I work, I am too tired to do much besides read or sit at the computer. Tomorrow is my first full 8 hour day working at the shop. Mental note: I need to pack a lunch.

I had a funny morning. I dropped Elaine at class and Mrs. Wallace called me over. She said that she was wrong about the pumpkin patch. She said that over the weekend she went to the 'Pumpkin Express' website and saw "picture after picture of Eeek". I said, no problem and that we'll just keep her home, and everything will be okay.

Today when I got home from school, Jimmy had wiped kitchen counters, done dishes, swept and wiped up the stove top. Elaine was cleaning her room, so I offered to pitch in. We ended up moving their bunkbed to a different wall today. It was pulled out, so we could vacuum all the way under it. And it looked better on this other wall. I'll take a pic during the daytime. Elaine is asleep. Speaking of which, Allan took a 5 hour nap from when I got home from school until 8:30pm. So he's wide awake, playing with toy cars and watching 101 Dalmatians.

1 comment:

The Moo said...

Whew!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you'll be so glad when school is done! You never cease to amaze me!