Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Family's Car Wreck

Jimmy and the kids were in a car wreck tonight on their way to pick me up at work. Everyone walked away from the wreck, from both cars. Jimmy was on a busy road (Sherman Drive) and a girl drove straight through a stop sign from a side street. Her car hit smack in the middle of my family's van, on the side opposite from our children. (We keep both our kids on the right side of the van, for easy unloading). I was close to the location, so I got off work and grabbed the kids, while Jimmy left for the hospital in an ambulance. His neck, shoulder and back hurts. One of my coworkers drove the kids and I home to the trailer.
An hour later Jimmy's brother and a family friend came over. Our friend stayed with the kids, so Dave and I could go check on Jimmy at the hospital. He had X-rays and everything looked okay. (The nurse wants him to see a doc some time about his high blood pressure). They prescribed him three types of pain meds. They said that he wont really feel all the pain until tomorrow. I expect to be taking care of Jimmy tomorrow (Tuesday), so I've emailed my professors. I plan to go to work like normal on Wednesday. The docs said it's hard to say whether Jim will be back to himself or not this week. So much prayers are needed.

Our van was towed. The Axle looks bent, since the front wheel is tilted outward. The girl who hit our van does have insurance (heard from the police).

Car that hit Jim and the kids:

You can see both cars in this one, especially if you click to make the picture larger :



Her bumper was on the ground almost under our van. I found her license plate at the front end of our van too.

No comments: