Monday, October 01, 2007

New Job Orientation

Tonight I had an orientation meeting/training time at my new job. They are big on signs/labels, maintaining order and suggestive sales (i.e. "Don't you want a sword with that costume?"). It looks like it will be a lot of fun, but hectic. Some of the other people who were hired, didn't show up at the meeting tonight. Rick was about to set the schedule for the next few days and I told them that October 6th (this Saturday) I HAVE to volunteer at Camp Summit for my communication class. It was no big deal. They had two other girls who could work that day. I'm working on Wednesday and Friday. It'll be $6 per hour. And I'll get a $100 bonus at the end of the month, if I don't quit or get fired by then. I get a 30% discount on purchases. Most days I'll wear a uniform green shirt, but a couple days they let employees dress up in full costumes while they are working. They have every costume imaginable, so I gotta think up what I want to be. Maybe Snow White??

IF I get to take Elaine trick-or-treating, I was gonna go to a Thrift store and buy the ugliest shirt that I can for $1 and be 'Ugly Betty' for Happy Hallelujah.

--------------------------------
Our front door has a screen door that is reflective at night. Allan walked right into it forehead first!

We went to the tax office and registered the Van today. Jim is gonna go have it inspected later this week.

No comments: