Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm sensing a disturbance in the force

When Jimmy got home from work today (our car made it to and from Cracker Barrel), he and Dave went to rent the sensor to diagnose what is wrong with the Taurus. It only took about 10 minutes to get the test done on the car. There is a problem in Cylinder #2 and the EGR valve. Dave says the Cylinder #2 problem might be causing the problem in the EGR Valve. So, now that we know it is a problem on the underside of our engine, we know we aren't gonna be able to fix it without professional assistance.

Jimmy is gonna take the car for an estimate from a mechanic as soon as he can.

Dave had an interesting suggestion. He said that if the repairs will cost over $2o00, we should just buy a cheap car to last us between now and September. I hope it doesn't come to that. It seems like there would be a big hassle with transferring titles and insurance, etc. We'll know more once we talk to a mechanic. But at least today we ruled out a DIY repair job.

In other news: Last night Allan started to say "I love you" back when anyone says it to him. It's very cute. Earlier he said it with a huge lollipop in his mouth and it still clearly sounded like "I love you". He is starting to make more sense in general. If he hands me anything, he says "here you go". If I talk to him about potty training, he'll repeat "potty", "nice job", "all done", "stinky", "eww" and " he says either "Bye-bie" or "Bye-per" instead of 'diaper'.
Last night while I was cleaning their bedroom, the kids were kicking around a large ball in the dining room. I walked in and said "SOCCER!" and Allan repeated me (growling it like a monster). Elaine got huffy and said, "No! We're playing Wally Ball!!!" I think she meant Volley ball, but they were kicking it. :p

I heard my brother is having "family weekend" at his training in California (pre-Iraq). He invited his ex-roommate, Tim, to come up and hang out with him.

No comments: