Wednesday, February 28, 2007

School today , My summer Job opportunity

Jim said he had two calls this morning from neighbors wanting to buy our Taurus. He told them what all is wrong with it and they were still interested. He didn't get specifics worked out over the phone, because he was working at the Elk's lodge at the time. So the neighbors are supposed to call Jimmy back some time later. Jim worked all this morning and then I went to class, and Jimmy just left for work tonight at Cracker Barrel.
I brought my Geebra to lecture today and got lots of compliments. My classmates said they hadn't bought the supplies for the project yet and were surprised I was done with it. I just wanted the mixed-animal print Geebra to be seen so if anyone else has a similar idea, I don't look like a copy cat. During the lecture time today, the class had to bring all our popcorn statues and put them in funny places on campus. We had to take photos to prove we attended the event. So I'll share some of those later.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Job opportunity:
I walked over to the trailer park's management office and talked to Trina while paying our Lot rent for March. Trina is looking for a new babysitter for her granddaughter. The baby is a newborn and has been staying with a very old lady in the trailer park. Trina would feel better if the child was with a young mom (Trina actually said, "someone that isn't going to have a heart attack while babysitting").

Trina said she had three young ladies in mind from the neighborhood and I was one of them. Evidently, Trina's first choice for a babysitter has twin sons and just had a newborn of her own. So that young mom couldn't handle a second newborn around the house in the daytime.

I told Trina that I couldn't do it during this Spring, because I go to classes three days a week. But if she hasn't found anyone in May when summer starts, we could "re-evaluate". Trina would bring the newborn to the trailer park around 8am, when she is heading to work in the management office here. So if there was an emergency, the baby's grandma is next door.

This summer I am only taking Spanish online classes (NO in-person classes), so I will be home with my kiddos all day. I like the idea of earning money this summer by watching another kid. A newborn is easy in one respect, because the girl wouldn't be crawling much yet and meals are just formula. I didn't want to COMMIT to anything until we see how Jimmy's work schedule/school schedule plays out.

No comments: