Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sickly bunch

Jim is in bed. He's been throwing up. He said that as soon as he ate dinner he felt worse. Today I slept in until almost noon. My throat is all torn up from the sinus drainage and I'm achy from painting. I painted last Thursday for the next play "The Kripple of Inishman", and then again on Monday,Tuesday and today. I thought I'd be able to finish my canvas today, but I kept getting lightheaded and feeling groggy.
Cracker Barrel is getting on Jimmy's back, which is sad because he loves working there. When he got a peek last Thursday at his work schedule for this week, he saw that there were tons of time conflicts again. So immediately he filled out a form to have his schedule changed and another form listing AGAIN when his available times are. And he told a manager that he didn't have childcare for that time of day on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (while I'm in design class/lab). The manager said she'd take care of it.
Then today while Jim was working at the Elk's lodge, he got a call on his cellphone from Cracker Barrel asking why he wasn't at work at Cracker Barrel. He told this different manager about filling out the schedule change form and that it was supposed to be fixed. It's frustrating for me that they didn't follow up his written request with any sort of conversation about what the changed schedule is...IF they changed it at all.
When I missed a class last week because Cracker Barrel scheduled him to work at that time, my grade took a bite. I'm not missing class again unless I'm at death's door. Tomorrow we are starting a new project in class. It's gonna be a big undertaking. We are carving styrofoam into the shape of popcorn kernals. I named my 12"x12" styrofoam cube, Herbie. Jim laughed at that. I had to go to the dollar store to buy these knives to cut the styrofoam, so I walked to the dollar store from the theatre around 6pm tonight. I got some "road trip" scrapbooking stickers for $1 that will be perfect for Jimmy's babybook. I'll show yall when I use them.

No comments: