Monday, June 25, 2007

Example Layout for the scrapbooking group


I've very proud of this Layout I did as an example for the yahoo group I moderate. It's about the time Hope babysat Carolyn for a weekend. (If I have her name mispelled, let me know. It's an easy fix).
I'm proud because I didn't have a flower to put in the corner, so I made my own. I traced a circle template and then used my decorative-edged scissors around this circle to cut out the shape. Then I went around the circle, cutting toward the center to make a bunch of petals. I did this in two different sizes and layered them. I love how I was able to match the colors exactly to the dotted paper.
The other new technique I tried is punching holes (in 3 different sizes) in my background cardstock. I glued some pink cardstock on the back of the layout, so it would peak through the holes. I think I'll do this on a bunch of layouts now since it didn't cost a thing to do. I have a drawer full of scrap paper, for the peak through color. And Cher gave me these hole punches in 3 sizes, so I have the tools on hand. :)

2 comments:

The Moo said...

This is an awesome LO!!! I saw the paper punch description somewhere else and it didn't make sense to me at all. You described it very well! Looks like I'll be keeping an eye out for cheap hole punches!

Liss said...

Cher got my set (new, in package) at a thrift store that she frequents in Oregon. She only paid $4. I've seen the same set at walmart for around $10. It's the Fiskars Eyelet setters. They use a spring action to make the cut and pound in the eyelet, so it's very little effort. Cool stuff. :)