Tuesday, June 26, 2007

not much going on

I added a link on this blog to my friend Stephen's blog. I know him from the Methodist center at UNT. He's married and writes some great insight on being a disciple of Christ.

Pamela is giving me some luggage that she never uses. We're picking it up tomorrow.

Allan was feverish yesterday and both kids had fevers tonight. Elaine said her stomach hurt, but I don't know if I trust her since it hurt as soon as she was asked to clean her room. Allan had some diarrhea, which might make Elaine's stomach ache more believable. I gave them a room-temp bath to cool them down and it seemed to help the fevers. Allan was super snuggly all night, until bedtime. He's a real Momma's boy. Jimmy hypothesizes that the fevers are from both kids getting immunized last week. Does the side effects last THIS long? We're supposed to take Allan to get more immunizations next week (to finish getting caught up).

I start summer school in 12 days. I already own the book for the class and the sewing gear necessary for the 'kit'. Class starts at noon, so that gives time for an early lunch before class. :)
I got a letter from the school about paying for my summer tuition short-term loan. The interest rate is very low, so I'm not super worried about it yet. But it's in the back of my mind. I remember back in May, Jimmy saying we'd be able to back the short term loan on time. He didn't foresee the length of his underemployment. He is still delivering the 'Thrifty Nickel' once a week. I'm praying that Jimmy gets called for an interview somewhere. He hasn't heard from anywhere. The job I'm really hoping he gets is this job in Denton at the Sally Beauty Supply headquarters. It's a job as a computer help desk guy. Seems like a perfect fit, since Jimmy would get the variety he craves and still work in Denton. Pray on this one yall!
Jimmy has another day of computer work to finish at the church, but our pastor has been out of town on vacation. So the job is delayed for now.

Our bestfriends at church, Trisha and Mike, are moving in two weeks to Lewisville. I volunteered to watch their kids while they're moving.
Their daughter is Allan's age. One of their sons is Elaine's age and they have an older son too. But the eldest might stay with his parents on moving day, since he wont be the handful that the younger kids can be.
Jim volunteered to go help them move furniture that same day. It's a Saturday, so I wont be in school or at the exercise study.

1 comment:

The Moo said...

I know it's a late comment, but I don't think the kids probably got a fever and feeling bad from the immunizations. It was too long ago for it to effect them. I'm glad they were well before the power went out!