Saturday, July 07, 2007

July 4th Pics




We just hung out at home on the forth. We heard neighbors shooting off firecrackers in the trailer park. In the back of our closet, Jim had some sparklers that Micah gave us like 2 years ago. So I talked him into lighting one in the back yard to show Elaine. The ground was completely saturated from all the rain, so I figured there wasn't a fire threat. I knew we live outside the city limits, so I thought we'd be fine. A fire marshal walked up in our backyard. He and others were walking around our neighborhood confiscating fireworks. Evidently, our trailer park is not a full mile outside of the Denton city limits, so no fireworks are allowed. He took the rest of our sparklers, which was no big loss, since Micah GAVE them to us years ago.
Oh! I should probably mention that I cut both of the kids' hair on July 4th. Elaine just got a trim, loosing her split ends. And Allan got re-buzzed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Friday, Jim had two interviews at Best Buy. The job available is to be in-store Geek Squad, mainly removing viruses from computers. They charge $200 to remove viruses! Jim met with the head of the Geek Squad and then the store manager. He is supposed to hear from them "Monday or so".
Meanwhile, we had to pay rent with a postdated check and we are scrambling to get enough in the bank to cover it. Our landlady said she'll deposit the check on Monday afternoon, so we're hoping Jim gets paid tomorrow for his recent computer work. Jim said he might get a payday advance to cover the difference, if necessary. I complete the exercise study this week and I'll collect my $50 stipend, which will go strait for the electric bill. Aint being an adult fun?! :)
I heard from Mark Jr. today. He doesn't want any more care packages mailed to him, since he is beginning to mail his possessions back to Berta (my mom) in Houston. He expects to get home in September.

No comments: