Friday, July 13, 2007

Still sick, but trying to be productive.

No luck with the van yet.
Robert came by last night to see if jumping the battery would do any good. He agreed to drive me to my final blood draw for the exercise study this morning. That saved me about 4 hours of walking (to TWU and back). The blood draw had to be 48 hours from my session on the treadmill, so I couldn't miss it. Or all the previous stuff would be useless for the study. I'll get a $50 check in the mail.
Most of the information isn't assessed until after it's all collected. Josh has to hire a nutritionist to look over all of our (me and the other 19 participants) food records. Josh also waits until all the steps in the study are completed before running the series of blood tests. For his information, Josh is looking for all sorts of markers and specialized neurons. This info is of no use to me, but I'll get some applicable medical suggestions. I should expect all my medical results in the mail in about 3 weeks.

Jim's boss at the Thrifty Nickel offered to drive Jimmy on his paper route today (a day late). They left immediately, once Robert and I returned from TWU to watch the kids.

Jim's best friend from church, Mike, is picking Jim up at 8am tomorrow. Jim is supposed to help Trisha and Mike move all day. It's amazing to me that as nice as Mike and Trisha are, no one else has offered to help them move. I was supposed to watch two of their 3 kids tomorrow, but Trisha made last-minute other plans with relatives (so the kids can sleep in). It's probably best, given my cold symptoms. Before I heard the babysitting was canceled, I went around bleaching toys, doorknobs and bathrooms, lol. That's probably a good things to do anyways. I wouldn't want Jim, Elaine or Dave to get sick. (We all know Dave comes over to chew on the germy legos, lol).

I called Sheryl at church and told her that I doubt we'll make it to Flower Mound this weekend. With Jim helping Mike on Saturday, I don't think we'll have a solution on the van before Sunday. Sheryl will see if she can stir up a replacement for me in the the nursery. This week is when my painting is supposed to be framed and hanging up at church for the first time. It'll still be there next week. :)

My friend, Jeannie, sent me a lil care package of glue sticks. I haven't bought anything that's for myself since things got really tight for us. I'm glad that I'll be able to get back to scrapbooking. It really does help relieve some stress.

My current stresses:
1. No word from Best Buy! (not that Jim could get there today, if he did get a third interview).
2. the Van not starting
3. Rides for school IF the van is still down this week. I don't think I could walk 6 miles to class. I only get one more absence for the next 4 weeks.

4. I need to get a book from the library for class ("Hedda Gabler"), and read it.
5. I'm still dealing with lots of sinus pressure, a runny nose, occasional lightheaded spells, short-lasting ear aches from the sinus pressure, pain when I swallow, and sometimes pain when I talk.
6. my top wisdom teeth are coming in. They only hurt after I eat and origel fixes that.
7. We need to pay our electric bill. I don't think they'll cut off the power, if they know we have kids in the house. But that may be a myth.
8. The decongestant I've been taking to stop the sinus pressure makes me dopey. So much so that I get dizzy when I try to read and just kinda have a lack of motivation. It's not fun feeling unplugged from the world.

1 comment:

The Moo said...

So is the picture framed and up at the church yet? I want to see it in finished form!