Tuesday, September 25, 2007

13 miles

Google maps tells me that I covered almost 13 miles today. I'm not in good enough shape to get the bike going uphill without being winded. So I walked uphill and rode the bike on even ground or downhill.
I made it to University Drive in an hour and to campus from there in another 3o minutes. That was about 6 miles total. I left the house at 7:30 and ended up with 30 minutes of free time before my first class. I went to the Methodist Center. It's a safe place to lock up the bike and I was able to change clothes in their bathroom. I went to my classes and realized I had forgotten to pack a lunch. I splurged and got a $4 sushi plate in the Student Union. I told myself that I needed food for energy.
After my last class, I took the bike across campus to the transportation office to get it registered. Bikes parked on campus have to have a registration sticker (free) or the bike lock gets cut and they are impounded.
After registering the bike, I rode to the Denton town square. The lawyer that we bought the van from has his office near the square. I got the signature we needed on the Windstar's title, so Jim can get it registered. I rode home through TWU's campus and made it back home right about 6pm. I was so worn out. I am red. Jim isn't sure if it's sunburn or windburn. It doesn't hurt (yet?) so it's hard to tell. My body isn't super achy, just my feet and butt from the bike. I have calluses on the back of both ankles, where they meet the top of my sneakers. It just feels like a lot of effort to move. My body is asleep but my brain is pretty awake. Jim made pancakes and eggs with meat for dinner. :o)

With all that said, I had my first exam in Personal Finance today. I studied before class. The professor, who is barely speaking English, said that there would be easy math on the test and we wouldn't need calculators. So I brought one anyways, my math skills being what they are. I think I did well on the tests. I'll let you know. He said we'd have then back in a week.
I have a Sociology of Religion exam on Thursday. It covers 7 chapters and I have yet to purchase the book. I have taken notes on every word of lecture and I feel like I know the material. The questions are all short answer or essay. Those can be good because if a student puts in enough facts, they get the points for the answer. I'm studying for this one tomorrow.

No comments: