Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Entered a Contest


I saw in Country Living magazine (Margo got me a subscription for my last birthday) that they are having a Halloween Costume contest. The winner wins a Kodak V1003 digital camera! (Value: $ 299.95) Worth a shot!
I read the contest rules online. Costumes that infringe on any other 3rd party's trademark WONT win the contest. So that means that a lot of store-bought costumes couldn't win. Like if a kid has their photo taken in a store-bought Dora The Explorer costume, they would be infringing on the rights owned by NickJr. This all made me think Elaine has better odds than kids with parents who didn't read the full rules online.
So I dressed Elaine up in the Pirate costume I sewed for her and took some pictures today. That first picture *above* is the one that I submitted to the contest.


I think before 'Happy Hallelujah' I'll try to find her a sword and make a different head scarf from my scraps. This scarf is a little too pinkish-red. Maybe something Black & white... I dunno.

Oh! Micah wants me to sew his Hallelujah costume, if I have time. It's a big bunny suit. He's gonna pay for the supplies and to ship it to Kentucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A HAM!!!!! She looks so cute, but then again, I am very prejudice. You made a beautiful costume; and I hope that you win.
Much Love,
Hope