Sunday, September 09, 2007

School and clothes

On Thursday I had to break down and buy a textbook. I've been trying to make it without buying any. I already owned everything I need for Spanish. Most of the reading for my Theatre history class can be done online or in the library. My personal finance professor's lecture is very similar to the textbook (from what I'm told) and he prints out his lecture notes for the entire class. So I'm pretty set there. I think I will need to buy the textbook for Sociology of religion, but I can last a few more weeks. With all that said, I bought one of my Communication books since it is a workbook and I have to use it for my in-class assignments.

Saturday night I did *ALL* my online communication quizzes for the entire semester. We are allowed to take them as many times as it takes to get a good score. So I took two hours or so and did them all multiple times until I got 5/5 on all of them.
My new boss, Rick, hasn't called me yet about when to show up. I tried calling the store today, but it isn't open on Sundays (besides near Halloween). I'll call tomorrow morning after we drop Elaine at school. The store opens at 9:30am and is open until 5 or 6pm all week. I like that with the store hours in mind, I don't think I'll be pulling late hours.

In other news: One of my pairs of jeans was too long on me. I got in the habit of rolling them up, to avoid walking on the extra fabric. Sure enough, they kept coming unrolled and became frayed from me walking on the hems. They looked kinda gross with all this wear and tear. So today I hemmed the pants higher to become Capri pants. They don't show any wear and tear now. I like them.

I'll give you one guess which movie was on TV tonight. Elaine dressed them both for bed.

1 comment:

The Schmiddy said...

Love your capris! You never cease to amaze me, you just take what you have, make it yours and totally awesome!

Glad you got a job that is right up your alley. The kids look awesome. Elaine is growing so quickly!

Love you!
The Moo (on Schmiddy's account)