Thursday, April 12, 2007

Advising update / Birthday

I met with my adviser, Teresa, yesterday before design lecture. We filled out some paperwork to get me closer to graduating. She is in charge of all my requirements through the theatre department. Including the classes I am already registered for, I need 4 theatre classes to graduate. We turned in the paperwork to the College of Arts and Sciences Student Advising office. In 4-6 weeks, in the mail, I should receive my official degree plan in the mail. It will tell me what where all my credits are and what exact classes I still need to graduate. This is the official UNT tally, exactly what I need for peace of mind. I want to know the clear path with 100% certainty, so I can predict my graduation date accurately.
I'm annoyed that I can't just crank out all the classes I need in two semesters. They aren't all offered at the right times. I'm annoyed that I have to take unnecessary classes each semester to stay as a full-time student, to continue to qualify for government GRANTS (don't get paid back). At least I'll get to learn some interesting stuff before I graduate. I think the elective I am taking this summer (Intro to Moral Issues) will be thought-provoking, and it'll help me keep my Grants; always a good thing.
Yesterday was my birthday. We didn't do anything to celebrate. I had that meeting with my adviser, then lecture. Last night I cleaned in my craft room and painted a shelf & my pegboard. We ran to krogers for groceries, so I got my self a slice of pie (I don't like birthday cake). That's about it.
Jim got me a tabletop rubbermaid drawer set about a week ago for my birthday gift. It's what I asked for. I didn't have drawers deep enough for the baby food jars my craft supplies are in.

No comments: