Friday, April 06, 2007

trying to be productive

I've been working on props for Shiloh's Easter skit. I'm making small versions of the furniture for inside the Tabernacle.
Last night I carved the incense alter out of styrofoam and covered parts of it with putty, so it can be painted.
We just got back from Lowe's. The church is repaying us for any expenses. We had to get some paint to make everything look bronze or Gold. I picked out some brown paint from the Oops paint rack to base everything. And we picked out a can of gold spray paint, to mist it with a metallic sheen. I'm super super annoyed that we have to go BACK to Lowe's to return the brown paint because they charged us full price ($16) instead of the $5 I expected. I got it from the back of the Oops paint shelf, so it wasn't just accidentally sat down there! I figure someone must have stocked the shelf wrong. Three times the price is good reason to return to Lowe's but the inconvenience makes me MAD because I can't get started painting already! *Phew... breath breath* lol I'm gonna be working on this stuff for a while tonight.

It's all rainy looking and cold outside, so we took the kids to the indoor park at Chick-Fil-A. Another little boy who was playing in the park looked familiar, but he was with an older lady who was unfamiliar. I went up and asked if the boy's name is Jack, and sure enough he's my theatre friend's son.
I was pregnant with Allan at the same time Ted&Sarah were pregnant with little Jack. Ted is the lighting designer at UNT so we work around each other when I am painting. Little Jack gets Allan's hand-me-down shoes (since Allan is big foot). Funny enough, Jimmy recognized the shoes Jack is wearing today. They were hand-me-downs from us, and Jack's grandma said they are his favorite pair. :) That makes me feel good that the boy gets use out of them. I've been trying to get a play date put together for Jack and Allan for the last two years, so it's funny that the kids ran into each other at the playground.

in other news: I got a 90 on the Nutrition Exam I took last night.

No comments: