Sunday, April 08, 2007

almost Resurrection Sunday

First off, Lowe's reimbersed us for the wrong price on the Oops paint. The girl just didn't ring it up right.

I was up late last night working on the props and then Jimmy was up even later with a little insomnia, so we were both Zombies today. Jim took me to the church at 9:15am for me to work on the skit. He went back home with the kiddos to get everyone back to sleep.
We started with breakfast while everyone was arriving at the church for the work day. Mmmm pancakes and turkey bacon. :) I helped with the set and we ran through the skit like 4 times. Then I helped with other Easter preparations around the church. The free family photos will be taken inside this year because it SNOWED today. We had to disassemble and move cribs out of one of the nurseries. Luckly, I remembered the trick to getting those apart quickly (done it enough times). Around 3:30 things were wrapping up. They wanted me to make one more prop for the skit and supplies were at Jeannie's house. So Jeannie (the youth pastor) said she could drive me home and we'd just swing by her house on the way. I got back to Denton around 4:30pm.
Some good news: for the skit, Jeannie's hubby needed to wear a suit but he doesn't own one. All he owns is nice black slacks. When Jeannie and Dave Schmidt dropped me off at home, we had Dave try on Jimmy's black Wedding suit jacket and it fit! So we are loaning Dave the jacket for Easter service and it will go home with us after church. It was a perfect fit, which was pretty surprising considering Dave Schmidt is 3 inches shorter than Jimmy. Jimmy is wearing his new black suit to church for Easter. :) We're all gonna look snazzy.
Not everyone could come today, so we are having another rehearsal tomorrow, early Easter morning. I have to be at the church at 8am!! But Jimmy and the kids didn't plan to go church until 11am. So Dave and Jeannie Schmidt are picking me up in the morning around 7am, to all ride in together. That way I don't have to wake up the kids early. Poor Jimmy will have to get them ready for church on his own, but I'm laying out everything tonight (including tying Jimmy's tie for his suit).

okay, back to work on the prop. I've been writting this while I'm waiting for putty to dry.
p.s. My friends Dave and Jeannie are moving to Virginia this month. :( Jeannie is my scrapbooking buddy, so that makes me sad.

No comments: