Thursday, April 19, 2007

This week.

Allan can speak some Spanish evidently. He walked down the porch steps, counting down, "uno... cinco." We didn't teach it to him, so I'm blaming 'Go Diego Go'.

Elaine has been singing 'Old McDonald', but evidently he only has a duck. I asked about his Pig, and Elaine said "he doesn't have a pig, his farm is too small." Good to know.

I fixed the closet rod in Elaine's closet and now the kids share a closet. Allan use to have his own closet in my office/craft room.

I saw my financial aide situation for the summer on the UNT website:
Originally, I registered for two classes. I only need one of the classes as part of my degree plan, but had to meet the minimum credit hours for that semester to receive grants.
Well, I was awarded a grant of $750, but evidently I don't qualify for any more Stafford loans until the fall semester. So I was around $800 short for my summer tuition, after financial aide. The rest has to be paid by us.
It doesn't make much sense to pay around $800 to take a class that I don't need for my degree plan. So I opted to drop the unnecessary class and ONLY take the class that is part of my degree plan (Costume one). After dropping the extra class, I don't qualify for a grant from the government. I STILL am responsible for paying around $800, but now my family has to pay for a class that I actually NEED, instead of paying for one that I don't need to graduate.
Long story short (too late) I am taking a lighter load this summer than I expected and my family has to pay the tuition for the one class at UNT, and then also for my Spanish class at Midland College.
After design lab on Tuesday, I walked up to the office of student financial advising (in pouring rain ...bad hair day). I applied for a "Memorial Loan". I was approved for a short-term loan from UNT of $800 until late June. That gives Jimmy some time to get a job and my class is paid for in the meantime (wont get dropped for non-payment). We were both circling job ads in the classifieds today. It's slim-pickens in Denton. *pout* He's applying at Denny's and maybe at this "Michael's Kitchen" place.

Good news: Today my goodie box arrived in the mail from my online buddy, Cher. I'll post a pic of everything she sent to me. She was very generous. I sent her a box months ago of some handmade items that I put together, and this was her turn to spoil me. Before starting my homework tonight, I got to play with my new eyelet setters. I've never set eyelets before. It's very cool. It was nice to get some goodies in the mail to kinda cheer me up.

This week, I got a 97% on my Spanish pre-quiz and a 100% on the actual Spanish Quiz. *insert happy dance* I'm getting serious studying for my Spanish final. I have the option of taking it early. Not sure if I will or not. We'll see how prepared I feel. Since the weekly Pre-Quizzes can be taken as many times as I want to get a better score, I've been studying and retaking Pre-Quizzes. I replaced a 94 with a 100, replaced a 84 with a 97, and replaced a 69 with a 100. If I get all these Pre-quiz grades up, it'll help prepare me for the final and slightly improve my overall class grade.

No comments: