Thursday, April 05, 2007

Popsicle Tower


it's 3:20am and I'm still up because this is due at 10am. It's hard to doze right off after completing a project, so I'm showing yall.

We had to make a tower of popsicle sticks using only sticks and Elmer's glue. It couldn't be wider than 4" (mine might be 4.5, but our TA isn't the type to check) and has to be 18" tall. My TA is gonna put a 20 pound weight on top to test it's strength. I think it'll be fine. I wanted to paint it, but the TA said we aren't allowed.
It looks a little crooked because not all my cuts were perfect squares.
What do ya think Dave? Enough diagonal braces? I left one level a little open, so the center of the tower can be seen.

It'll be good for Design expo. That's next month in the theatre department. I need to get a nice portfolio to hold photographs of my scenic painting and the renderings of my makeup designs. The 3-ring binder I have isn't cutting it. I have like a month til design expo, so I hope to get that put together.

No comments: