Friday, August 03, 2007

I woke up in a crabby mood. The wisdom teeth that are coming in aren't protected by the mouth guard I wear to bed to prevent teeth grinding. The guard just doesn't go back that far, because the new teeth weren't there when I molded it to my teeth. The inside of my right cheek is cut from the wisdom tooth that has made the most progress. It just happened overnight.
Back when Jim and I had health insurance (for one month when we worked at RitePlace), I saw a dentist who wanted to do this that and the other to my mouth. My portion of the bill after the insurance was gonna be over $4000. But the dentist (who was a jerk, btw) said it would have been $30 each to pull the bad teeth. That stuck in my mind.
Usually to remove a wisdom tooth, a Dentist has to cut into your gums. I wonder if my wisdom teeth grow all the way in, does having them pulled cost the same as any other tooth? I hope I can just leave them in for a while. We'll see where they settle in. Micah just had his wisdome teeth pulled last week, after they had grown all the way in. I think I'll ask his Momma if that saved $.
Oh! Speaking of Micah. I set him up with one of my classmates from Costume class. And they meet today. Doesn't she look like a female-Micah? Conservative Christian, Hippie-aesthetic, VERY involved in community service... I think they'll at least be good friends. Sucks he's moving to Kentucky.

I have to go watch a rehearsal of 'Alice in Wonderland' tonight at 8:30.

Allan Translation (so far this morning):
Twet! = my underwear is wet, get me new ones.
Cookies = Car Keys
Quacker = graham cracker
All done = get me more cheerios
Stinky = He uses this word in place of "sticky" too, so it can be tricky. He can mean he has a "stinky" surprise somewhere for me, or his hands are sticky. OR that he wants a lollipop, which he also calls "stinky"(sticky).

.... last night he clearly said "Thank you" instead of "thanks" for the first time.

I forgot to blog that we were approved for Foodstamps last Thursday. I had talked to most of yall on the phone and didn't remember to put it in writing too. :) Jim had a phone interview. They didn't need any additional paperwork, after all the photocopies I had mailed in. The man that interviewed Jim said we could pick up the Lone Star card that same day, no problem. He didn't tell Jim that $ wouldn't be on the card for 48 hours. We shopped at Krogers and had to put everything back. We went back and got food on Saturday.
The kids also got approved for Medicaid too, which we didn't even apply for. It was just automatic. We don't have their Medicaid cards yet from the mail. But soon we can get the kids a check up with a doc. Besides shots at the clinic, neither have seen a doc since Allan was a baby.

No comments: