Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sewing Spurt




After "Alice in Wonderland's" strike, Jessica, Kelsey and I saved some fabric scraps from their way to the costume shop trash can. I cleaned part of my office last night and sorted some fabric scraps into boxes. I thought I had enough patterned scraps to make Elaine a pirate dress-up skirt (maybe for 'Happy Hallelujah' this October).

I made her a simple grey A-line skirt from leftover grey fabric from my 50's skirt. Then started sewing ruffles to the simple skirt.

Next I made her a tube top that looks kinda like a corset. She can wear it over a striped or white T-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so Looking forward to seeing you all Friday. I will arrive at DFW around noon; After I get the rental car - will try to get a van, we will go shoe and clothes shopping for Elaine. Dave wants us to watch him play Hockey Friday Night. See you all Soon.
Much Love
Hope

The Moo said...

I just looooooooooooooooooove the pirate skirt!!! You never cease to amaze me Liss! Mom, student, artist, friend, co-owner - the list goes on and on!