Wednesday, August 01, 2007

One hurdle down, more to go

Today we paid our lot rent. *Phew* Jim collected the money Movie Tavern hadn't paid him yet and that helped us reach what we needed. We have about a week to get together our Trailer Rent still. Tonight in the mail I received my payment for the Exercise Study at TWU. So that's a start.
The Thifty Nickel has Jimmy only running his normal route tomorrow (not the extra one he's had for two weeks), since the other driver returned from vacation. He'll be up at 4:30am, so he can have the paper route done in time for me to get to class.
I have about 8 days left of the Summer Semester. My final is a week from Friday.
Tomorrow we will be sewing for the current productions (Alice in Wonderland, and Dog Sees God) during class. We are "strongly encouraged" to come in to sew over the weekend, since all the play's costumes have to be complete by this coming Tuesday. Meanwhile, this weekend I have a HUGE project to type up and paint for this same class [See photo].
At 9am Sunday morning, I have a run crew orientation to attend while Jim and the kids are at church. The orientation is supposed to last 3 hours. Any time after the meeting, before Jim gets back to Denton from church, I'll help out sewing for the play. Might as well win points with my professor while I wait for the ride, right?
Monday- I have to present 4 original costume designs for the script, "Hedda Gabler". I have to have all my research, script analysis, character analysis and costume break down typed and ready to turn in by then. [This pic is where I'm at so far].
Tuesday- After class ends at 5pm, I have a dress rehearsal to work from 6pm - ?pm.
Wednesday- (Rent is due). I plan to go meet with an adviser on campus and find out IN PERSON why I haven't received my degree plan in the mail. It was requested on my Birthday, April 11th. Ideally the adviser will be able to pull my info up on her computer and tell me the short list of classes I need to take to graduate. I think it'll be 10-14 classes= 3 semesters.
*I didn't blog about this, but I told some of you: My previous adviser, Dr.Garcia, is now the head of the theatre department. I spoke with him about 10 days ago. He said that the advisers should be able to "wave" the rule about taking my last 30 hours of college at UNT. This means that after completing Spanish 4 at Midland College (online) next Spring, I wont have to take 30 extra hours of college, just to meet the requirement. Dr.Garcia said that if the adviser has any problem with waving this rule, I can give her his name and tell her to contact him. He'll try to pull whatever strings, if necessary. He is eager for me to graduate and not waste time & money in classes that aren't truly necessary. I'll update y'all on what all I learn from the adviser, after I meet with her. I hope I gain a clear list of what to register for this Fall, Spring,and next Summer(?) so I can graduate in like a year from right now.
Thursday - Another performance of 'Alice in Wonderland' is this night. But on Thursdays I get out of class at 2pm. I hope to have a few hours to finish sewing my final project before going to the play that night. Since I'll be on campus for about 12-13 hours this day, Jimmy is gonna ask his boss if he can run the paper route on Friday instead.
Friday next week, is my final exam for Costume. I have to sew a garment from scratch and wear it, in character for 2 hours. I have to find time to sew it on campus, since we aren't allowed to use our home machines for the final projects. I have about 9 yards of dark grey fabric that a church friend, Sheryl, gave to me. So my final project will be from that. I didn't want to buy a pattern for the project, so I looked into the stock patterns for the Costume Shop. None go up to my size. *pout* So Barbara, my professor, said I can avoid buying a pattern by sewing a C.M.U. skirt. It's a skirt that is all figured out without a pattern. I just take my waste measurement and multiply it, to get the hem circumference. Then I just need my waste-to-floor measurement to figure out the length. I'd hate it if my grade suffered because I couldn't buy a pattern in my size from the store.
I appreciate Barbara working with me, so my final project wont cost me a thing. Another bright side: family/friends are invited to the final exam since it is a lot like a fashion show. I'm just bringing Elaine to that, since I think she'll enjoy it. Allan would be a distraction, so he'll stay home with his Daddy.
Amazingly, even with the Final Exam on Friday, I'll still have two more performances of 'Alice in Wonderland' and STRIKE that weekend. I'll have to miss church again, but Jim says he'll cover my spot volunteering in the nursery.

p.s.
Yesterday night, Micah came over for a haircut from me. He looks a lot better, if I do say so myself. He had his wisdom teeth removed last week. So his face is still tender and swollen. He can't shave without pain, so he has this thick beard like Jimmy's. It's pretty funny. A classmate of mine, KC, reminds me a lot of Micah. When I hang out with her in class, I feel like I just spent the afternoon with Micah. With that said, I got them eachother's contact info, and they are meeting later this week. Micah leaves for Kentucky in less than a month though.

No comments: