Monday, August 13, 2007

Before Jim woke up, the kids and I walked down to the elementary school to pick up the paperwork to get Elaine enrolled in Pre-K. There is an approval process, because we have to meet the income requirements to have Elaine in Pre-K. Having a form that says we receive Food Stamps will be enough to prove our income. I could have registered her today, since I took her shot record and food stamps form with me to the school. But we don't have a copy of her birth certificate. We've never needed it. It costs $23 to order a copy. I have until the 27th to get her registered at the latest. The lady behind the desk said there is plenty of room for her in the Pre-K class but I should do all the paperwork as soon as I can.
There is a 'Meet the Teacher Night' on August 27th and August 28th is Elaine's first day of school.Her school colors are Red and Black. And their "school-wide theme" this year is the Wizard of Oz.On our way back to the trailer park, I let Elaine and Allan play at the school's playground. Since I was already sweaty when I got home, I mowed the yard and took a long nap.

No comments: