Wednesday, August 08, 2007

This week in Costume

Our Professor, Barbara

Class pic with all our pillows.

I was in class from Noon-5pm yesterday, and by 5pm I had to be wearing my black clothing and ready to lead the Costume run crew for last night's dress rehearsal. (Yes, I was nominated crew head by my peers). There were lots of bumps in the road within how my crew organized things, including for myself. But very few of these problems effected what went out on stage. We got lots of smiles and were told we did a great job. I have to work out the kinks in the system by Thursday (Opening Night). I also have to type up written evaluations of each person on my crew and myself by Sunday. I have influence on the crew's grades.
After our rehearsal, we weren't able to leave the theatre until 12:10am, because we had to discuss what went right and what went wrong. I feel bad that Jim had to bring the babies out that late to pick me up. Jim says the kids were good all day. The only thing is that Elaine kept eating and eating all day; more than usual. She would finish eating something and immediatly ask for more, all day. My hunch is that she was bored and Daddy having to cook means she was getting to help.

Today is supposed to be the last day anything is sewn by the Costume shop for 'Alice in Wonderland'. Any repairs that are needed after today will happen backstage by me and the crew. Barbara let me take my sewing machine up to the Costume shop. She is gonna look it over to get the tension set right. She said that from what I described, the tension down near the bobbin needs adjusting. I should get to start sewing my final project today (Wednesday). It's due Friday at Noon.

No comments: