Thursday, August 02, 2007

Speaking of Hurdles....

Ugg! Jimmy relayed a phone message to me from UNT, saying that I had to pay for my Fall tuition and pay back the Short-Term Loan that paid for my summer school class by noon TODAY. I emailed student accounting to follow up on their phone call. A nice lady replied to my email and then I called her.
Here's the story: I wanted to do early registration for a class that fills up quickly in the Fall. It's the last class I have to re-take from when I went into labor with Elaine. With early registration comes early billing, evidently. I thought that my Fall tuition would be paid when my Fall financial aid arrives this month; but since I EARLY registered for this class the tuition for it is due today ($865.30 -Not gonna happen). When I haven't paid for the Fall tuition and Short-Term Loan by Noon today, I will be dropped from this one Fall class that I have registered for so far.
Rolling with the punches, I plan to go meet with my adviser and get a new "authorization code" so I can re-register for the same class when Regular registration begins in two weeks (trusting God that there will be a space for me in the class).

As for the Short-Term Loan: This is the loan I received to pay for my summer school class. Velma Grey over in the Memorial (short-term) Loan office talked to me the first week of summer school. She did as she said and put a letter in on my behalf, so that my short-term loan debt ($751.93) would not go into collection when it was first due 4 weeks ago. She said she would call me if there was any problem with halting collection.
What I didn't understand is that though a collection agency wont be contacted, messing with my credit score, I still owe back the Short-Term loan now. It has to be paid before my Fall financial aid will get credited to my student account in a few weeks, which pays for my fall schedule + room& board.
So currently, I am praying for Jim to get LOTS of calls about computer work away from the church (where he charges a higher rate per hour). On the signs we put up around town about him fixing computers, I said $40 per hour as his rate. That's the most he's ever charged. But GeekSquad charges $200 for virus removal, so Jim's rate is still a deal. Alternatively, I'm also praying that I get a paying artist gig in the near future. The painting that I made for our church will be up on the wall for the first time this coming Sunday. That might stir up business for me. It's too bad I'm missing the next two weeks of church for school. But I'll send some of my business cards with Jimmy to church and have him give some to our Pastor.

------------------
p.s. Last night Allan dunked a graham cracker in the toilet and started eatting it!!! :(

No comments: